Saturday, September 10, 2011

Things I love....

(a lot of writing blog posts all at once, can you tell my mind has been wandering lately?!)

  • my new purse that doubles as a diaper bag for me. Mike got it for me in So Cal (an early anniversary present for me) and I just LOVE it. It's my favorite bag I've ever had just because it's so darn useful!
  • that Brayden pulls my chair out for me at breakfast in the morning. Mike does pull my chair out from time to time but things are usually pretty chaotic around here, so I'm not quite sure where he learned it from!
  • that Brayden tells me "It's ok" when I apologize to him for something (like accidentally bonking him on the head with something, or whatever) He's already got a forgiving heart and it's a blessing.
  • that Brayden has a long list at Prayer time now, which changes frequently, but always includes some type of loved one or animal :)
  • that Brayden still confuses "singing" and "dancing" (the words) so he tells me to sing, and I start singing, but he really wanted my to dance, etc.
  • Paytin's chub, particularly her cheeks. I can stop squishing them and kissing them lately (well, all the time, but I've caught myself more lately)
  • my husband's heart. There have been a few things to happen this week with friends or loved ones where I had the opportunity to see Mike's heart "in action" persay, and I had a few very sentimental moments of seeing what a kind, compassionate, servants heart he has. I know we have our problems, and no marriage, no person is perfect, but after 5 years, I still know, now more then ever, that he was hand picked just for me. He's just flat out a great guy.
  • reading. I may or may not have read two entire books this week and parts of two others. For some reason I am in my "reading" mood (comes and goes throughout the months) right now and I've been really enjoying both my kindle and my paperbacks.
  • sweatpants and sweatshirts and fall, and crisper weather, and thunder and lightening storms, and fall, and autumn, and the changing weather....hmm... redundant much? I can just picture the homemade soup simmering on my stove, the fall decorations around my house, going on leaf hunts with Brayden, going to the pumpkin patch, baking.....the list is endless.
  • I mentioned it above, but I love thunder and lightening storms. They are rare but it seems like every summer we get one or two short ones. Just the other night I woke up from a dead sleep to the loudest thunder I have ever heard. I only got to see one big bolt of lightening, but I'm hoping that the forecast is right and we get a couple more in the next week.
  • not having cable....um...I won't get on a soap box, but I think cable should just be eliminated :). Dont get me wrong, Mike and I will still watch a couple of our Fall shows on Hulu, but just NOT having the TV, whether in the background, to take up our time, to make Brayden zone out, to take up the quality time I should have with my hubby, etc. I didn't realize that "cutting back" would be something I would enjoy so much!
  • and lastly, a mowed lawn. We hadn't mowed our lawn in awhile because of our trip, illness, and Mike working literally ALL the time, and Mike finally mowed it and I helped weedeat this week. I just love the look of a manicured lawn, even if it does still need some work with weeds and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment