Friday, September 9, 2011

Definitely my Daughter

Because she is defiant, strong willed, and stubborn without a doubt! First off, I totally support people who have different views on swaddling, what types of bottles to use, how you hold your baby, whether or not you let them cry it out, etc etc. The list of how we want or dont want to do things as Moms is quite endless and I love hearing how different things work with different people. So, that being said, I don't really qnat my kids to be thumb suckers. I like the idea of a pacifier and being able to take it away at a certain age to show them that they are old enough to be done with it and not need it anymore. I sucked my thumb for a LONG time, and it did end up affecting my teeth (I had to have braces for other reasons too, but also for sure because I sucked my thumb). Paytin just does NOT care for a pacifier on most situations. Sometimes she will take it. I'd say like 5% of the time. She does however, love to suck on her hand. She always tucks her thumb under her forefinger, and can't reach it yet, but today I caught her with her fingers in her mouth at naptime. Of course, what am I going to do? Go get the camera to snap a picture ;)





I mean, can you really get "mad" at a face like this for defying you in your "don't suck your thumb"wishes?!

P.S. I know my baby is a chunk. Call her the Michelin baby like her daddy, or Cheekie like her Auntie called her Big Brother when he was little. I just say, she likes to nurse, and man oh man does she. The stuff must stick to her like glue ;)!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I am excited to see the spunky girl she will become! Love the chunk too...Everett has at least 4 rolls between his diaper line and bum...love how us mommies can "put" the chunk there!

    ReplyDelete