Thursday, September 8, 2011

Family Songs

Every now and then a song comes along that you hear and think "That's Exactly How I Feel!" or somewhere pretty close. That actually happens quite often to me, and this post is an "ode to our little family" for the songs that mean a bunch to both Mike and I right now...

Our song to our sweet Paytin:

I'll have to admit I've cried several times while listening to this song in the past week. It's played a couple times a night every night in our household these days :) The first time I played it for Mike, he literally stopped the song, got up from the couch, and went and grabbed his sleeping little Paytin to cuddle with her...it just goes way too fast...

Next up, our favorite little boy, Brayden:

We've known about, and had this song for quite some time now, but has again become a recent favorite. There is something so special about having a girl and a boy, and something so very different about each of them already. This song sums up so much about raising a boy, and I remember Mike grabbing Brayden and pulling him up on his lap the first time he heard this song as well. Every time he hears it he tells me it gives him such a proud feeling :) I feel the same way.

And a song that's Mike and I's favorite right now about love and marriage:

Mike's Mom gave us this CD for Father's Day for Mike, and even though this song is literally scripture put to music, it just really hits home every time we listen to it.You can't really say much more than the words do themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I love your song for Paytin. :) I used to sing that to Austin when he was still in my belly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great songs and wonderful memories made! A great new song by Shane and Shane is "The One you Need" and it is a father daughter song...you will cry! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete