I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection. ~Unknown
Friday, June 24, 2011
For the love of Brayden
I had a lot of forewarning before we had Paytin about the possibility of jealousy in Brayden, him being too rough on her, trying to hurt her, etc. And I appreciated every single piece of advice or story from my family and friends. I had somewhat expected Brayden to be super jealous and very clingy about Paytin, just because of his "Mommy's boy" nature and things couldnt have gone more different from the get-go. He was happy to meet her in the hospital, but even happier when we got home. He loves "petting" her, kissing her, and holding her, and loves it when her eyes are open. He gets upset when she is crying and wants us to go to her right away, and is always concerned about where she is (upstairs in the bassinet sleeping, in her swing, etc.). He talks about her a lot, really likes to play on her playmat with her, and is just overall doing really well with the transition so far. The onyl thing I have noticed, is him acting out in new and different ways, not listening, disrespecting, "testing" Mike and I to see if we will follow through on discipline, etc. Not that he didnt do things like that before, but I have seen an increase in him doing those things in the last few days and am making a focused effort on trying to get a good session of quality Brayden time in each day to try and thwart him seeking negative attention! It helped having Grammy, Auntie Sarah, and Uncle Brian here to play with him non-stop and now we adjust to real life and everyone's new roles! I look forward to the lifelong friendship these two will share. I look forward to the sibling squabbles, the banding together to try and outsmart Mom and Dad, Brayden being protective of Paytin, and Paytin rebelling against his protection ;), etc. So grateful to have these two sweeties entrusted to us by God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment