Mike has been working his bootie off lately with tons of overtime and his days off have been few and far between. We've been trying to make the most of the time he has had off and finally needed to really get out of the house with Paytin yesterday. We're both super protective of germs and stuff with her (like we were with Brayden) but also realize more this time than with Brayden that life doesnt just go on hold when you have a new little one (especially with an almost 3 year old!). So yesterday, we made the trek to Chico to run some errands and take Brayden to see Cars 2 in theatres. I remember my friend Elissa telling me when we had Brayden to go out to eat, or go to the movies when they are so small, because they sleep through everything and I remember thinking that I wish we had done that more with Brayden. We got to the theatre and the next showing of Cars was in 3D so we decided to "splurge" and take Brayden to that one. He LOVED the movie, and not in the, looked at us and talked to us and got excited kind of way, I mean, in the stared straight at the screen and zoned in on the movie in all seriousness way. It was pretty darn hilarious to see him so into it. I thought he might get kind of freaked out by the 3D part, but it didnt seem to phase him at all!
It was a very very cute movie, and even though Mike and I always love the "first" movies the best, we really really enjoyed this one. Paytin did great during it, woke up at one point to be snuggled and fed a bottle and then just hung out in my arms for the rest of it.
Mike also surprised me (having been hearing me complain about my hair for MONTHS now) and took me to go get my hair done and watched both kids while I did. Talk about a blessing! It meant so much to me that he made it important to know how yucky my hair made me feel and to do something about it. Especially when watching a newborn and a 3 year old at the mall isn't easy! The kids were angels for him the whole time and I just really cant say enough how much I appreciated getting it done. It may seem like a little thing, but to me it was HUGE! We were able to grab dinner all together and run some other errands that needed to be done, all with me parking and hopping in the backseat to feed Paytin in between errands. She slept pretty much the whole day except during dinner and at one of the stores where Mike held her and she just stared at him the whole time (she loves her Daddy!). It was a fun day for all and went super smoothly for being our first "big" outing!
No comments:
Post a Comment