- Learning to warm up to water again this summer. We got him a pool last week and he had a major meltdown when Mike and I had him get in it for the first time. Then the next day, we had a friend of his over, and together, they both warmed up to it in a couple hours.
- He loves his water guns, and loves the hose, but does NOT want to be sprayed by either. I think it's a control thing for him ;)
- Is still really struggling to potty train. He has the control over the functions, he will pee when we sit him on the potty, (still fighting pooping), but he can pretty much "go on command" so I know the knowledge/control is there he just FIGHTS it like no other. He doesn't like to go on the potty (though he likes the candy he gets for going). I am also to blame because I know I need to be more consistent with my efforts. I am thinking of trying a sticker chart and bigger prize incentives for the first few days until he starts telling us he needs to go again. That's my biggest desire right now, is for him to come and tell us he needs to go (he was doing this months ago). Any suggestions from anyone?
- He is super into pirates still and is going to have a pirate party next month.
- Loves letters right now, and is slowly learning them one by one. He has a bunch of magnetic letters that he plays with and has started bringing them to me one by one and telling me what they are. He's doing REALLY well at it, probably because it was his idea!
- Really enjoys reading books with Mommy, and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Itsy Bitsy Spider before bedtime. It's our little routine together and it's so much fun! I'll miss it a LOT when he gets older. I'm wanting to set our video camera up to tape it one night so I can have it for the future.
- Has been acting out more for attention now that Paytin is here. He never acts out towards her, but has been testing our rules and our discipline a LOT more lately.
- We're going to be taking him to see Cars 2 sometime this week and I think Mike and I are more excited about it than he is!
That's it for now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment