We were having a family get together tonight for the February birthdays in the family and I ran to the grocery store for a "few" things that turned into a weeks worth of shopping. While making my way through the store, I saw one of those bins of balls they occasionally carry. Nothing special about them at all but I impulsively bought a $2.99 bright orange ball for the kids to enjoy.
I should have known when I helped bag my groceries and then the cashier totally accidentally voided the entire transaction after everything was scanned and then bagged by yours truly to watch out. Krazy Kincaid moments go hand in hand and I should have been on the lookout...
But I loaded up my groceries and headed home, so excited about that insignificant bright orange ball in the backseat to surprise my kids with. I pulled up at home, and impulsively again decided to throw the keys in my purse, hit the unlock button and was going to just walk that bright orange ball in first without grabbing my purse.
Whoops, this blonde accidentally hit the "lock" button and by the time I realized it, the damage was done. My purse sat there in the passenger seat teasing me with how the keys shone in the sunlight. The cold beer and ice cream cake mocked me from the backseat, and there sat that bright orange ball, just out of touch.
An hour later, a tow truck driver, a kid who had a great time watching our vehicle getting "broken" into, a very patient hubby, chalking it up to a blonde moment, finally at last the bright orange ball found its way to its new home and was so well loved and played with that it was all worth it in the end.
Sometimes these insignificant life stories are my favorites and we seem to have a lot of them. But as I watched Bray and Pay playing with that ball this afternoon all I could do was chuckle at what had happened!
No comments:
Post a Comment