

just came to an end today, and while I had a quick minute, I thought I would post about what a wonderful time Brayden had and what a great experience it was for him and us as a family. This was Bray's first year playing T-ball and he was really excited to play. Neither Mike or I played t-ball or baseball, and even though we have a basic understanding of the game, it was fun to have our son play a sport neither of us knew much about. We were blessed to be on an amazing team this year, with a great coach who's teenage kids helped coach the entire season. Seriously, they were amazing. It's because of them that Brayden knows as much as he does after only one season, its because of them he had so much fun, its because of them that he got a great concept of playing for fun and playing as a team. Every practice was so fun to watch, so well organized, and each game was hilarious and cute and so much fun to watch. I loved seeing how excited Brayden would get as he continued to improve throughout the whole season. I watched him really "take to" this sport much more than he did with soccer. He can be pretty patient and focused when he wants too and loved getting ready to catch and field the ball, always yelled "ready" first whenever coach asked if they were ready, and was well known for having his big personality in all the practices and games. I got a ton of sweet comments and compliments about how cute it was that Bray would give us a thumbs up after getting to his base, after he would ask us if we were watching, or if we saw his hit or his catch, that he would do a little dance move after doing something right. What a confidence and self esteem booster being able to play a team sport like this. He loved the snow cones after the game, loved meeting new friends and playing with them before the games. Paytin equally learned to love watching him play and would always yell "Go Bray" when he was up to bat. A couple of time he stopped before he hit to say "thanks Paytin!" So sweet and melted my Mommy heart. Today was our very last game, and soon we will have closing ceremonies where Brayden will get his first ever trophy. He is very excited about that.

I just wanted to document these precious memories of such a fun time in our lives of starting sports and learning such important life and character lessons that hopefully will stay with him his whole life!
So fun! I just wanted to let you know I stopped by. It has been a while, since I haven't been on my own in a while and that's where I have links to others. Enjoying catching up with yours. Hope all is well! :)
ReplyDelete