Monday, February 11, 2013

Stay awhile longer...

Stay little awhile longer, with your baby chub still there, with your long eyelashes framing your eyes full of wonder. Stay little while longer with your Cheetos stained fingers, chubby baby toes and curious questions. Stay little while longer and let me cuddle you in my arms, and stroke your beautiful blonde locks and giggle with you. Stay little awhile longer, let me kiss all your boo boos away, listen to the storybooks with your wide eyed imaginations and ask for one more kiss, one more hug. Stay little awhile longer in the days where you want to snuggle in our bed, with our Eskimo kisses and our bear hugs, and where you insist on being shown with our hands and arms just how much we love you, though no measurement could even come close.

Oh how I wish you both would just stay right where you are, 4.5 and 20 months old, with all the personality and imagination and dreams and laughter that you bring. I look forward to the bigger children you will become but I know each and every step of the way I will be wishing you could stay little awhile longer my loves!







1 comment:

  1. Glad my comments seem to be going through now. LOVE this post. Well said and well put. Cherish this time now, but rest assured that many more cherished times will come. HUGS

    ReplyDelete