Thursday, February 14, 2013

O Happy Day

Another Valentines Day, and another year older for my Main Squeeze! I didn't do any amazing Pinterest crafts, super thoughtful gifts, or family valentines cards. I wanted too, of course I wanted too, but instead of being disappointed today in not doing those things, I'm thankful for the beautiful family I've been given and that they love me despite my imperfections and well intentions that don't always go further than that. No special breakfast before I ran out the door to work, but I did manage to get all three a special candy and scribbled a love note to them in red marker on computer paper before I ran out the door. No special gift for Mike minus some money I saved up so that he could enjoy his guys night out in Reno his past week, but I did manage to not only get a card but write in it and leave it out for him. (I have a box of cards I've bought and never wrote in,ugh) no special date planned, but I get the coffee all ready so all he had to do was turn it on ;-). That, plus a few coloring pages worked on by Bray and I, a cake the kids and I will make tonight, and some phone calls and texts during the day since we will barely see each other today, and I'm nothing short of in love with my three, and grateful that I get to be their Valentine. Not a Pinterest worthy day and no one will want to copy my great ideas, but a great day thinking of how much I am blessed to love these three wonderful people. All this prompted by the phone call I just had from them that made me laugh, smile, and warmed my heart. Brayden telling Daddy that I was all their Valentine, Paytin telling me I Love You after Daddy let her eat M and Ms for breakfast and a hubby that said "ditto" to me for his Valentine's love proclamation while I laughed... I am richly blessed!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not every holiday will be the "magical" ones, but you are so right in being thankful for the blessings nonetheless. The "magic" is in the every day and all those little moments. Love you all, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete