Monday, January 2, 2012

Working Mind

I love the way Brayden's mind works. He says the funniest things and comes up with the silliest ideas and is such a joy to my heart! He is always saying things that I find sweet, thoughtful, funny, and I need to be better about jotting them down.

Here's a couple "fresh" ones:

Today, he ran up to me and handed me two dried up pieces of play-dough saying "Here Mama, these are for you. They're like crackers." So cute that he made that observation.

Tonight, Dottie, our dachshund, had been put outside in trouble because she ate one of the crackers off Brayden's plate while he was eating dinner. I was telling Mike about it, and Brayden went running off to the backdoor the let Dottie in saying: "It's ok, it was an accident." Which Mike and I both thought to be very cute and forgiving. Only to hear once he let her in "Dottie, you no eat my crackers anymore. One more time and you'll be in big trouble." We just busted out laughing...he was shaking his finger and all.

Then, here's the one that sparked this post in the first place. Tonight, after his bath, I promised to play Candyland with Brayden (one of his Christmas gifts). He doesnt totally get the concept as he still really struggles with colors, but he's working on both learning the colors, and learning the game. So anyways, he won fair and square with me trailing far behind. He got really excited when he won and jumped up and down and then immediately sat back down and said "You no win Mommy." And got a somber look on his face. Then, he did the sweetest thing a 3 year old could do, he walked his little blue Candyland guy, back to mine on the board, and then walked them together to the finish line and then yelled "We both win!" Nothing can quite make a Mama's heart soar like unconditional love from your children, and watching them learn Biblical truths like gentleness, meekness, humility, etc. It was one Candyland game, I know, and I'm not blowing it out of proportion, but it was very sweet and a cherished memory :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww I adore the candyland story, what a sweet little boy!! Love you all to pieces!! :)

    ReplyDelete