Sunday, January 1, 2012

6 month check up...

So, I know I really did start this post, but I probably didnt finish it and it looks like it got lost in cyber space. Anyways. Paytin had her 6 month check up on the 19th of December and it went pretty well! She is a growing girl and weighed in at 15 lbs 13.5 oz, 26 inches long. 50% for both weight and height, and though  I didnt get her head measurement, her head was in the 75% percentile!

Paytin is still having a little (very little) trouble with her torticollis keeping her off balance, but the doctors and Mike and I are not concerned about it at all. It's the mildest form it can be and really only bothers her on days/times when she sleeps wrong.

The other concern is a mass that Paytin has developed in her chest. I'm not sure if I have posted about this before so sorry if this is a repeat post.  About a week after Halloween, I noticed the left side of Paytin's chest looked a little puffy, and upon putting lotion on her after her bath, I found a small pea sized mass on the left side of her chest, right about her nipple area. It is blue/purple in color, but isn't on the surface and is able to be moved around a little bit when touched. It gives her no pain whatsoever, and she has no reaction to it when the doctors or I have checked it out. Anyways, I took her into the doctor for it, and our pediatrician (whom I Love!) decided she wanted a second opinion. Another dr came in and looked at it and just wanted it noted in her chart and measured for the time being. At P's 6 month check, our pediatrician noticed (as have I, since I check it daily to look for any changes) that there was no change in size, color, shape, etc. but still wanted another dr in the office to look at it. He again, said we shouldnt worry about it, but because it's onset was so quick, and because of the area it's in, that we could get an ultrasound done to just confirm that its a cyst. So, we talked about it and decided that is going to be our next course of action. Paytin has a recheck in a couple weeks and at that time I am going to go ahead and schedule an ultrasound at the hospital for her.

So, really, even with the long story, Paytin is doing great and is as healthy as a horse! Everyone comments on her super chubby bootie and thighs, even her doctor and nurses and how simply HAPPY she is all the time. As long as she's fed, she's the happiest little girl in the world.

And since I'm updating on her right now anyways, I might as well say that she is pretty much sitting now! Only for a few minutes at a time and then she will topple over, but she has made quite a few strides in the last couple days that really show how close she is!! She has also shown the tiniest interest in crawling in the last couple days too, really gotten her legs going and pushed a good few times! So fun to watch this stage. She also has developed a LOVE over the last two weeks for Gerber puffs. Brayden really enjoyed them too. Daddy doesn't love her having them because he always worries she's going to choke, but she hasn't at all, just an overprotective Daddy already :).

Ok, the little Lilybug is taking a short nap before dinner and I realized how far behind I am in "word" blogging, so I thought I would get to it! More to come about Christmas, Brayden's new Bike, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment