Wednesday, January 11, 2012

7 months, 5 to go.

Your Daddy made me sad the other day when he said you weren't a baby anymore. I actually think my eyes got all watery at the comment. I immediately made him take it back, and he did, but the damage was done. You're growing up, already past your half year mark and closer to being one year than you were to just being born. I'm never the Mommy to wish my kids to grow up fast, I don't dream of the days you guys are up and off to college just yet. I know I look forward to that time with your Daddy, but truth be told, you and Brayden are Daddy and my greatest adventure and we love you guys to pieces.

That being said, you are 7 months old and still so totally different from Brayden that you blow our minds. First off, one way you are like him, you are taking your sweet time to sit. I looked back in Brayden's baby book and he wasnt sitting on his own till 7.5 months, looks like you are going to be right there with him, if not even after. You, my sweet baby girl, HATE to sit up. There is to much to do, too much to look at, and too much to reach for for you to maintain your balance for too long and you topple side to side or throw yourself backwards in your way of saying "Enough Mom!" While, I hate to think of you as "behind the pack" I know Brayden did the same thing and is as perfect as can be, so I'm letting you do your thing for now.

Brayden didn't crawl till he was 12 months old, yup, you read that, when most kiddos are walking, your big brother was just starting to crawl. I predicted you would crawl by 9 months, we shall see, but what I didn't see coming was that you would be mobile at 7 months. See, you roll..and you roll, and you roll and you get into things you shouldn't and get stuck in places you shouldn't and I no longer can leave you on the carpet for even a minute without having to check on you. I did that the other day and you got stuck under the couch, and then the next morning, in your room, just to start a load of laundry in the laundry room RIGHT next to where I laid you, and you got stuck under your crib and kept bonking your head on the wood. Oh yeah, and who can forget you trying to already stick your finger in the one light socket I didnt have a plug thingy in.  I wont lie, I'm thrilled that you are moving around in your own unique way and it makes me hope that you will sit and crawl soon but I also know how much more it means I will have to be on my toes, and so I enjoy these baby moments while they last.

Ok, let's get going....

You're 7 months and you...

wear size 3 diapers and just about every size clothing known to man, ok, I'll stop exaggerating, but seriously, you can fit in clothes from 6 months up to 12 months, and...you will hate me for this, you actually regularly wear one specific pair of 12-18 month old leggings you got for Christmas and the even worse part is they FIT you, not big, or baggy, they FIT you Paytin Lily, because we all know what a huge bedonk-a-donk you've got going on. I seriously hear comments about your butt and your thighs on a weekly basis and I'm not even kidding. I digress.

You sleep wrapped in a blanket that you eventually bust out of, and with your pacifier which you can now get in your mouth whenever you want too. You use it when you get fussy, but more often then not like to be grabbing things and putting them in your mouth or talking, so you aren't super attached to your Pacy yet. 

You usually sleep 8-8 with two wake up calls at around 12 and around 330. I've gotten used to it better now and no longer feel like Mommy Zombie most days. You take a pretty regular morning and afternoon nap.

You eat baby food for breakfast and dinner but LOVE snacks even more. Gerber puffs are your second favorite to Mum Mum crackers, which you can hold all yourself. You love to pick up the puffs, but havent quite gotten them to your mouth just yet. You also just started to try to feed yourself with a spoon once I give it to you, and you love it, even though it is quite messy. 

You love when we get right in your face and make silly noises, love when we grab your chunkiness and love it even more when we do "daredevil" type stuff with you, you get this shrill excited laugh/scream going that is just simply hilarious.  You love to talk and love to talk when you think something is really yummy like certain baby food or snacks.

You still love Brayden and Daddy much much more than me and I secretly love that you do, though I do love to give you a hard time about it :). You and I both know how much you have Daddy WRAPPED around your finger and I dont remember him jumping at the sound of Brayden's cry like he does for yours.

You are teaching Brayden a thing or two about sharing and he continues to think you are the best thing in the world. You two are the best of buds already and play together all day long everyday.

You love to be on the floor now that you are moving about. You still like your exersaucer, and now your highchair too, but can almost tip your swing over and quickly leave your playmat.  You stand your bumbo chair in small doses, but I have to keep you thouroughly entertained or you try to make an escape for it. 

You love to grab our faces, and usually, it's super painful. I get scratch marks from you all the itme and actually have to get a good grip on your hand while I feed you or else you yank my nose or try to rip my lip off. I take it as terms of affection since you are always smiling when you do it.

You have a sweet love for your baby doll that Grammy got you for Christmas. You for some strange reason are gentle with it and love to cuddle it and suck on it's thumb. It's stinking A-dorable. You still love your stuffed animals too and love to hug and cuddle them.

You are pickier now about what you eat and I refuse to have another picky eater, so I usually try to find ways to trick you into eating the veggies I have made for you.

You really like the dogs and try to roll to them when you get the chance to snuggle up to them and grab their fur.

You also love stuffed animals, which is why Daddy insisted on getting you a stuffed kitty and a stuffed unicorn as some of your Christmas presents.

You can turn yourself around in a full circle on your stomach to get to what you want to get and just in the last couple of days ahve put some effort into trying to scoot yourself forward. Usually it ends in you flipping over, but a couple of times you have actually scooted.

You have an ultrasound this Friday to have the mass in your chest checked out. I have been handling the whole thing pretty well I think, but for some reason, scheduling the appt made it seem so much more real to me and I feel a lot more scared about it. Thankfully we just have to wait a couple days to have it done, and will find out results next week. God's had you in His hands since before we knew I was carrying you so I am not even going to try to take this on myself. I know He's got you, and I know He knows whats going on and I will trust in Him about it.

Ok, you are yelling at me right now (but in all fairness, you are supposed to be napping) so that's it for month number 7 baby girl! We LOVE you Lilypie!

No comments:

Post a Comment