I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection. ~Unknown
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Sleep
After I had Brayden, I feel like both him and I slept ALL the time. I remember being so tired and I think it was more from stress than anything else because both Bray and I were trying to hard to get the breastfeeding thing down and we just couldnt. This time around, Paytin sleeps a lot less than Brayden and will wake herself up for feedings like she is supposed too. Every 2-3 hours, we have our feeding date, whether its during the day or night. Sometimes its more frequent, all when she wants too. But I haven't felt super exhausted...well, I hadn't, until the last couple of days. I think the heat combined with going on a couple weeks of little sleep now has made me SO sleepy! I fell asleep in the recliner while feeding her for the first time a couple nights ago (which is why I sit there at night because she can't move an inch) and then right now, dozed on the couch with her for about half an hour while Brayden was watching a show. I have to admit, I have not been napping when they nap, at least not on a regular basis, just too much to do, and we've been going to sleep LATE, like later than we did when we didn't have kids! For some reason I just had it in my mind that it didnt make sense to go to sleep early because I would have to get up another time in the night. Then last night I tried to go to sleep early and BOTH kids kept getting me up :). It's nothing to complain about, just something to write down for memories sake. As I write this Brayden is somewhat resting on the floor playing with toys, and Paytin is passed out asleep on my chest :)
Labels:
Parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment