Another one of those (whoops, should have brought my camera, times). I wasn't planning on taking the kiddos to fireworks this year. I figured it was going to be late for Brayden and too loud for Paytin, and Mike had to work, of course. He will probably have to work for fireworks every year, so its something we will get used too and plug through every year. Thankfully he didn't have to work during the day, and we went to the parade in town that THOUSANDS of people turn up for. Don't get me wrong, I know how wonderful tourism is for our sweet little town, especially with a winter like we just had, but oh my goodness tourists. I am very much overgeneralizing here right now but the way they drive (too fast, no signals, cutting people off) the way they walk into the street just assuming we'll stop, I've seen quite a few of them treat the grocery store clerks up here VERY rudely, etc. Well, the parade is a really fun event that shows Chester folk at their best with their adorable floats, funny cars, etc but to try and watch the parade is a joke. People set their chairs up the day before and park their cars all along the main street. They put caution tape everywhere, etc. I dont mind the chairs very much, they are saving spots, but the fact that they park their cars in everyone's views REALLY bothers me. So many more people would be able to enjoy the parade if others wouldnt park their cars and huge trucks in plain view. I digress.
We were able to find as pot on the grass in front of the bank, Paytin sleeping in her carseat, and Mike and I took turns going up with Brayden to the side of the street so he could watch the floats and horses and catch candy that they throw. He had a great time and the parade this year was better than ever.
Then we went home and slept :).
Anyways, back to fireworks, Mike encouraged me to go ahead and take the kids, saying that across the lake they arent loud at all and Bray would really enjoy them. So I did. Totally ill-prepared, running out the door to make it on time after trying to feed Paytin only to have to wait like 45 minutes for them to start, both Bray and I in tank tops and shorts and it got kind of cold out there, no blanket, no bug spray (thankfully we didnt get eaten), no nothing. Just me, Bray holding his blanket, me holding Paytin in her carseat, trekking down a dirt/rock trail to the side of the lake :). It was a really nice time and it was a memory to keep tucked in my mind of sitting on the way too rocky ground with my booty aching, but Brayden sitting in my lap, blankey covereing both of us, oohing an ahhing over the fireworks while Paytin slept :)
Sounds like such a wonderful day and glad Mike got to enjoy some of the festivities with you since like you said he will most likely be working every 4th of July!
ReplyDelete