Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent

I grew up Catholic, and though I do not hold to many of the traditions or rituals of the Catholic Church, one that I do enjoy partaking in every year is Lent.

I didn't realize that it had come so quickly this year, until my sister told me yesterday that she was not going to eating sweets, and then was reminded again first thing this morning when I looked at the calendar!

Last year I gave up Facebook, and I am very tempted to do that again, but I decided to do something instead that had to do with my physical health as I am trying to get healthier so this year, for Lent I'll be giving up Soda. I had given it up for awhile but have gotten back in the nasty habit or craving it, wanting it, and dirnking it all too often.

40 days can seem like an eternity but I think fasting has so many spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical benefits.

Do you participate in Lent? If so, what will you be fasting from this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment