Paytin at 13 months:
- still in size 3 diapers and 12-18 month old clothes. Don't think that's gonna be changing too soon.
- rarely ever eats baby food these days, but I will encourage her to eat some if I feel like she is pushing away a certain "human food" more often then not.
- not breastfeeding anymore.....I dont know that I've allowed myself to really stop and think about it because I dont know that I want to go all nostalgic about it, but here it is briefly...I wnated really badly to breastfeed Paytin since I didnt have the opportunity to do that with Brayden. I believe breastfeeding is best for Mama and Baby and really saw that for Paytin and I. I came down to my pre-both of my baby's weight in less than 5 months, and Paytin chunked up quite well from her 6 lb 3 oz frame. I loved breastfeeding, though sometimes it was inconvenient, though it was uncomfortable for some people, though sometimes it was painful or uncomfortable even for me! I'm pro breast feeding, but also pro whatever you have to do. I formula fed Brayden and therefore have a huge sensitivity to women who wanted to breastfeed but weren't able too for whatever reason. Even overcoming the obstacle of nursing Paytin only on one side for 9 months because of her early torticollis which meant twice as often feedings, was a challenge! Anyways, I stopped nursing her right at about 12.5 months and am grateful for the time I was able to slow down and cherish those bonding moments!
- crawls everywhere, still not walking, I am so ok with that! She walks along furniture and pretty steadily with her push toy, I know if will be a matter of time before she walks and I am enjoying only having to chase around a rambunctious crawler at this point!
- says "Ba" for Brayden, "Ma" for me, and "Da" for Mike. It's pretty darn sweet. She doesnt always do it consistently, but she gets it and its fun when she does it, especially when she is screaming BAAAAAAA at the top of her lungs when trying to get to her Brayden.
- loves to pick on brother knowing that we are strict on him to be gentle with her. I think she really understands that she can get away with it and goes the extra mile. She loves to take his toys, hit him, and crawl all over him trying to kiss him.
- She doesn't sit still for books or TV and I'm ok with that.
- She knows how to take the plug ins out of the wall outlets and I'm not ok with that.
- She also makes a mad dash for things she knows she's not supposed to be doing and occassionally turns around while making her dash, which causes her to fact plant.
- She has more bumps and bruises then Bray EVER had at this point and I think its because she doesn't take no for an answer, and isn't at all happy with toys.
- On 4th of July I was sure we were gonna be dealing with a trip to the hospital after the strap to her umbrella stroller broke and sent her flying face forward into the asphalt. It was hard to see, and even harder to try and calm her down while seeing a giant black and blue goose egg form on her forehead. If one of my best friend's Sara hadn't been there, I am sure I would have started crying and hyperventilating. It turned out to just be a big big owie, and no hospital trip was needed. However, the day after, when she intentionally lunged at the front door from the bottom stair and conked the other side of her noggin, I wasn't quite as sympathetic.
- she has a new love interest for our dogs, particularly Dottie and her puppies so we have to keep a close eye on her then too.
- She can be pretty picky with her food, but is doing much better with her gag reflex and eating bigger things. She has also learned the art of throwing her food to the dogs (sigh).
- She does much better in the car thanks to her big girl carseat but still doesnt love it.
- On a normal day she takes a small mornign nap, long afternoon nap and happily sleeps through the night about 830 to 7 am. I'm so thankful for that!
Amazing how different they are, huh, in character, temperament, personality... Cool to see it come through, tho it can make the parenting job that much harder. :)Sounds like she takes after Auntie Sarah on the whole car riding thing!
ReplyDelete