Friday, July 6, 2012

Nighttime Conversations

Mike stopped by for a quick bite tonight during his work shift, and as he was leaving, I told him to call up to Brayden and tell him goodnight, just to see if Bray was still awake, then we heard Brayden call back down goodnight to Daddy, and after I said bye to Mike, I went up to cuddle with him and talk for a bit. I never quite know what turns my conversations will take with my thoughtful, inquisitive, and talkative boy but tonight was a special treat. This is it in summary

Me: Why's your door open?
Brayden: I just opened it because if it was closed, no one would come to save me.
Me: Save you from what?
Brayden: I don't know, but no one could get me, so I opened it a lot.
Me: Thats ok, we can leave it open tonight.

Then we talked a bit more about the night and Daddy and bedtime and the conversation turned to Brayden getting bigger.
Me: Will you still love me when you get bigger?
Brayden: Yes, Mom, I'll still be the same guy! (said just like that)
Me: So you'll still be the same guy, so you'll still love me?
Brayden: Yes and Paytin and Daddy too!

Then the conversation went to talking about when kids grow up and become adults, they dont always live with their mommies and daddies anymore, Brayden wasn't thrilled about this.

Brayden: I'm still going to love you and I'm still going to live with you too, even when I am big.
Me: Well, you might not always want too, but thats ok if you want too now.
Brayden: Me and Paytin both are going to live with you guys when you get bigger.
Me: (trying to change the subject with him) Will you still give me hugs and kisses when you are bigger?
Brayden: (very serious) Girl kisses are yucky (first time I've been told this), so I wont be able to kiss you anymore when I am bigger.
Me: Well, some girl kisses are yucky, but I'm pretty sure Mommy kisses are just fine
Brayden: Nope, you're a girl, girl kisses are yucky Mom.
Me: So you wont give me kisses anymore? Not even now?
Brayden: Nope, sorry.
Me: Ok, well what about hugs?
Brayden: (deep in thought) I have a good idea, we can hug/kiss.
Me: What do you mean?
Brayden: Like a special hug.
Me: Can you show me?

Brayden hugs me real quick and gives me a super fast peck
Brayden: Like that
Me: I think thats a good idea, I like that.
Brayden: That can be our speical hug. Only me and you.
Me: Sounds good

Then it ended with goodnights and I love you's and another hug/kiss and he's hopefully off to sleep.  Love that little boy and his super sweet heart!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, yes that is sure precious! "I'll still be the same guy"....wow. haha
    Interesting what they pick up and the phrases they use. And the whole thing about the door being open...interesting too about their fears and how they view things. That no one could get in if the door was closed...Love all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing sister! What a sweet little boy :) Love the "Nope sorry" part about no more girl kisses... haha! And LOVE that you two now have a special hug/kiss....so precious

    ReplyDelete