Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Toys

I'll always remember that my kids just don't love "toys" like other kids. It started with Brayden and is already kicking in with Miss P, they love the ordinary everyday stuff that doesnt seem all that exciting.

I noticed a couple months ago how much Paytin loved playing with and ripping up my old magazines (closely supervised so she wouldnt eat them), and today, her and Brayden played for almost 45 minutes straight literally ripping a magazine to shreds. Then Brayden piled it up on the carpet and jumped into it like it was a pile of leaves. He had just about as much fun cleaning it all up by shoving it into various plastic bags too. Who woulda thought?

Paytin and Bray alike still love my kitchen spoons and spatulas, P to chew on, and Brayden to sword fight with.

Paytin played for 20 minutes with a coat hanger while I was folding laundry today.

There was another one I thought of earlier that was a good one that I cant remember now.

I love imaginations and creativity and am totally down with them "creating toys" out of the everyday house stuff that I take for granted. Brayden will play with the laundry basket every week whether its riding in it himself, hiding under it, or putting stuffed animals and cars in it and giving them a ride. Paytin loves everything not labeled a baby toy.

Today was rough, P wouldnt nap, we're all still sick, and despite the moments of household play, Brayden was a straight out PILL, but I'm thankful for these little golden stolen away moments that make me appreciate the little things we take for granted, and the little ones that remind us to enjoy all things!

2 comments:

  1. Love those times! The imaginative play and the DISCOVERY (a very important feeling!) of something new and fascinating all on your own. They have good imaginations and are stretching their minds so much! LOVE hearing about all this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did you re-do the blog???? This is adorable! I thought maybe for a minute I was in the wrong place. haha Very sunny and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete