Month 9 has been emotionally packed with our little girl, both from her and from us. From the worries of her tumor to the relief that it is something she will outgrow, to teething tantrums, and more saddness from illnesses, to separation anxiety with mommy, and yet still those bright shining moments of her beautiful and bubbly personality! It's been the month that has pushed me to my Mommy limits the most I think, not in a bad way, just stretching me and growing me and reminding me that I am very much still a young mom with so much to learn. There are so many things I dont yet know, things I want to do better, things I wish I didn't do etc. And I'm so blessed. Those sentences don't run hand in hand neccessarily but they do in my heart. Instead of a feeling of defeat when I am not measuring up to where I want to be in my own eyes, I'm so grateful to be able to embark on this journey of motherhood and wifehood everyday. God's mercies are new every morning and that is so true in my life.
Ok, I digressed a bit....here we go.... at 9 months old:
- Paytin still wears Size 3 diapers and 6-12 clothes, 9 month clothes, and 12 month clothes.
- she is going through a baby food strike at the moment. We've learned Paytin has a pretty high gag reflex and cant swallow very much at a time. Even a slightly thicker puree will make her gag. So it's frustrating that she wants to feed herself SO badly and in fact will tightly close her lips when you are feeding her. That makes meal time very messy in our house. Paytin has to hold a spoon while I feed her from another. But holding the spoon isn't enough for her, she wants to eat from her own spoon, so I have to dip it in baby food and let her suck on it while I try to sneak in bites from my spoon. She has tried tiny pieces of banana but they made her gag, so we stick to her gerber puffs and rice husks. She has also learned to taste food by sticking her tongue out just a bit and if she doesn't like it she closes them tightly and refuses to eat. Yeah, she's a handful!!!
- she still loves Brayden and Daddy to pieces. She has this really funny grin that she does for Mike, and occassionally for me. She squints her eyes, and smiles like she is grinning and showing teeth but all you get is this pink gummy smile and chubby cheeks and squinty eyes. It's seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen.
- She laughs a lot, and has a bunch of different laughs, my favorite has to be this breathing in noise she makes when he is really laughing hard. It makes me laugh every single time!
- She's gotten over the need to throw herself back when she is sitting which is wonderful for me! I can now leave her sitting on the carpet with her toys without worrying. She still occassionally tumbles to the side but usually just sits there happily.
- She can army crawl when she wants too, and is still rolling everywhere. She moves SO much all the time and its a funny thing to see her trying so hard to figure it out. Sometimes she has her arms going and sometimes her legs but she cant quite get them to go at the same time! She's still very very mobile and gets into everything you dont want her too.
- She's a grabby little thing and always wants your food, your glasses, your nose, your hands, whatever you might be holding, etc. Those hands are always in motion.
- She still loves to chew on everything and drool all over everything but no teethies yet!
- She has her moments in the car but is usually pretty good in it now.
- And now for the biggest change in month 9 is that she seems to be a thumb sucker. When she got a cold about a week into this month, she started sucking her thumb which I can only assume was because of her stuffy nose and it was easier to suck and breathe through her nose at the same time. Now she sucks it pretty consistently but does trade off between it and her pacifier. Also this month Dottie ate her last pacifier forcing her to change pacifier brands (since none of the local stores carry her old gumdrop brand) and I dont think she particularly cares for the nuk pacifiers. Not a bad thing when I think about taking away her pacifier which I plan to do around a year old, but she's figured her way around it and as much as I dont love her sucking her thumb, there isnt much I can do about it!
- She still sleeps on her tummy only now I put a blanket over her since she is mobile enough to move it if it were to get up over her head.
- She always wants Brayden's toys. If its a transformer thing, a car, anything that doesnt look baby-ish or girl-ish, she's all over it. Except if its a baby toy Brayden will play with her, something that is good to chew on, or her little pop up jungle toy, because she has learned how to open two of them and shut all five of them.
- She is quite the observer and wants to figure out everything we are doing all the time. She imitates us constantly with noises we make, movements we do, etc. She has clapped for Mike one time, and does this arm wave thing when she is happy, when she hears music, or when she actually wants to wave at you. It's her signature move right now and is so stinking cute. She can also make plenty of funny noises with her mouth using her tongue and lips like clicking and slurping and other funny things that her and Mike do back and forth to each other. She still says mama, baba, wawa in no particular order or reason. But her favorite word is habla, and we are always joking that she speaks spanish and would have a full vocabulary if we just knew spanish and could speak it to her ;).
- Brayden still eats her up and has told us he wants a lot more babies and when asked it he wants brother or sisters he says everytime "sisters like Paytin". Very Very sweet :-). He still loves to be with her all the time, and down playing with her, hugging her, singing to her, etc. Always prays for her when its time to pray, etc. Also seriously protective over her. Just LOVE the role of him being the big brother.
Right now the sweet peach has a nasty little bug that started with her, then getting us all sick and now she's getting the backend of it too. Right now it seems to be in her lungs which is making her not so comfy and making Mommy a worry wart. Nonetheless, she's playing and talkative and napping and sleeping which I am so thankful for! I really cant believe she is 3 months shy of being officially in toddlerhood and for some reason I just felt like she was going to be a baby forever. Makes me SO sad and while I cant wait to see what a spunk of a little girl she will be, I wouldnt mind one bit if I could keep her a baby forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment