Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dont want to miss a thing

I wish I had one of those hidden cameras on me at all times (ok, most of the time) to catch these moments with my kids. I always worry with my horrible memory that I will forget the sweet silly moments of everyday life with them.

Two of my favorite things with each of them right now:

Brayden loves X-men. When Mike and I were first dating or first married, I got him the entire like 25 hour DVD  set of the X-men cartoons that he loved as a kid. We've never sat through and watched them all until about a month ago.  I'm not sure if it was one of us who picked them out of the DVD drawer or Brayden but regardless, they are now an everyday staple in the Kincaid house. I've toned it down to a couple times a week because I am starting to recite lines and actually stop whatever I was doing to see what happens in that episode ;-). It's been a wonderful time of bonding for Mike and Brayden. It's so fun to see how relationships change throughout the years and the three year old year for Brayden has brought a contrast to his "Momma's Boy" personality with him wanting to be like Mike, do what Mike does, and talking about things boys should do versus what girls should do (some of which are quite hilarious). Mike has loved Wolverine since he was a kid and its still his favorite X-men, so I just about died with laughter when Brayden pronounced that Cyclops was his favorite, since, if you know anything about X-men, Cyclops and Wolverine aren't neccessarily the best of buds.  Brayden has since changed his opinion and decided he likes Wolverine and wants to be him for Halloween. I think Mike was on Cloud 9 ;-).

But on the funnier side of this story. Last week, Brayden was looking at his hands, particularly his knuckles, very strangely and with great focus. He explained to me that he was trying to find his claws. Again, if you don't know anything about X-men, Wolverine has claws that protrude from his hands where his knuckles are. Brayden was bummed that he couldn't find them and that's actually when the Halloween costume hunt online started. He was excited he could have "toy claws" if he got a Wolverine costume for Halloween this year. But then, Mike decided to be silly, and went and hid in the kitchen putting butter knifes between his fingers, he came out slashing them around in the air and I wish I had had my camera. Brayden's jaw literally dropped and he was just amazed! I couldnt tell if he really believed Mike had claws or not, though he did thoroughly examine his knuckles later on and asked to see them a couple more times. But now he keeps telling me he will get them when he gets older. So funny and so cute.

And sweet little Paytin. Again, I wish I could remember the exact moment it started but she is SUCH a talker now. It started for sure in the last 1.5 weeks where she started saying "Mama" "Baba" and "Wawa" not to anything at all, just out of excitement, or wanting to talk or whatever. But she seriously does it ALL the time now and mimics us a bunch when we do it. I even got this super cute video of her and Brayden on my cell phone last night of Brayden making noises at her and her copying him. She does talk quite loudly in this high pitched scream like voice and just gets so excited about it! It's darling to hear her doing it in her crib when she wakes up from a nap,  or doing it to Mike when he first walks in the door. Hopefully i can get a video of it posted soon!

3 comments:

  1. Claws!!!! How funny and how clever of Mike to do that. I think sometimes kids understand what's REALLY going on, but like to pretend so much it almost becomes real...daddy really having claws. So fun!!! Stay tuned, huh, for the whole Wolverine/Cyclops thing haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...Get some recordings of Paytin babbling, of both of them jabbering and playing. Just from time to time...on video or whatever. oh my...in 10-15 years? You are all going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute about the claws, and yes of course Bray will get his later on ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete