Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kincaid Kidisms

  • Brayden is still super into "moners" (monsters) and talks about them everyday and night. He either talks about how Daddy goes and fights the monsters and bad guys at work, or how Daddy "shoots" the monsters and bad guys, or how Brutus protects Brayden from the monsters in his bedroom at night. Occasionally Bray makes me run and hide in a closet or our laundry room in the dark with him while the monster goes away.  It's also cute because I try and make him describe the monster to me, what color is it, is it happy, sad or mad, is it big or little, or so on.  He's been so imaginative lately and this is one of the ways it comes out the most :)
  • Paytin is such a crackup these days. She is desperately trying to roll over both ways at once which cracks me up.  She's closer, in my opinion, to rolling over from her back to her tummy, and has done it to about 90% (just her arm gets stuck) a few separate times. She just started being interested in trying to go from her tummy to back, but hasn't quite got the strength to flip her chunky body over :).
  • One of Brayden's new lines is "remember me?!" It's come about in just the last couple days and I have no clue where he got it from. It's hilarious when he says it and I'm pretty sure he's just meaning to say "remember?" but accidentally throws the "me" part in there as well. He also was telling me to "focus" yesterday which made me literally laugh out loud, because I have a tendency to tell him to do that when he is helping me get him dressed or put his shoes on or something. He also is really good at putting his shoes on the right feet for the most part, but asks me everytime "right one or wrong one" and even if I tell him he has it right, he then holds the shoes to the other foot to hear me tell him that's the wrong way.
  • Paytin LOVES Daddy. She still loves Mommy and Brayden, but she has very much entered the "flirting" stage with Mike. I love it. It's hard to understand and probably hard to believe, but she really does smile differently to Mike and she gets this cute little coy smile for him and giggles like crazy. We're getting some family pictures taken this week and I am hoping (and pretty sure) we're going to get some good pictures of her smiling simply because Mike will be there! 
  • Brayden sleeps with Brutus almost every night now. Sometimes he doesnt want too, but for the most part he asks for him and Brutus seems to really love it. He sleeps right on the foot of Brayden's bed at night and is super super good about it. The only downside is that I've noticed Brayden gets up a bit earlier in the mornings that Brutus does sleep with him, something I guess I am willing to accept since they are such a cute pair. 

1 comment:

  1. Who is doing your pictures? WE are getting some in a couple weeks. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete