Thursday, August 18, 2011

P at her 2 month checkup

Well, Paytin had her 2 month well check and shots on Tuesday. Mike's schedule has changed, so he wasn't able to go with us, and again, I had to brave the shots by myself (hate that part!). Let me just take a quick second, for baby book sakes, and say how much I love our pediatrician. I chose one out of the blue for the kids, without researching since our last one wasn't available anymore and I just thank God for giving us such an awesome one this time around. She really loves kids, really cares, never seems rushed, and is so great with all the questions I ask! She's the best.

Ok, back to appt. Mike and I were both excited to get Paytin weighed to see exactly how much our chunky monkey weighs since our home scale isn't as accurate and read about 11 lbs. She came in at 10 lbs, 13 oz (50th percentile), 22 3/4 length (75% percentile) and her head was 15.5 (50% percentile). I'm super happy with this gain since she was in the 5% and 25% in everything last checkup! She's still a little itty bitty Paytin, just longer and chubbier :)

There was a little concern about Paytin's neck at our appt, that was quickly dismissed. She seems to favor one side a lot more than the other, including breastfeeding on that side better, sleeping facing that way, etc. Our doctor was concerned for a quick second but after talking to another one of the doctor's in our office, they decided she just favors it most likely because of her positioning in the womb and for us to just encourage her to use the other side as much as possible :) We also talked about Paytin's clogged tear duct because it's back with avengence, but no drops or medicine is needed yet, just keep using the warm wash cloth, and massaging it.

Then came the yucky part, the shots. The screams from my babies isn't the worst part of the shots, I know they wont remember it and that I will be able to soothe their pain momentarily, but I hate watching the nurse grab their chunky little thighs and just jam that needle in. Of course I'm thankful they do it quickly, but I just think it's so rough to have such a long needle go in such a tiny little baby! And more than the scream, I hate the big long gasp Paytin took, turned red in the face, and then the scream. From what I remember, she was easier to console than Brayden was, and not only quieted down in about 20 seconds but fell asleep almost immediately after. That night, she slept from 9 to 1:30 am without feeding, and then continued to sleep until around 12 only waking up a couple times to eat. I should have realized that was going to make the afternoon more difficult and Paytin pretty much wanted to eat eveyry 30 min to an hour, and even stopped to eat for almost an hour straight at Mike's parents house last night. She seems to be doing much better this morning, yay!

1 comment:

  1. wow! Paytin is getting so big! Emily had clogged tear ducts for a while...I want to say up until 7 or 8 months old. Some days were worse than others. But then one week, it just kind of disappeared on it's own. So hang in there and just keep putting breast milk in her eyes and massaging.

    ReplyDelete