- Paytin's favorite song right now is Skidamarink. I'm not kidding, this little girl LIGHTS up when we sing it to her and my favorite part is when she coo's when we are singing it to her. It's so much fun to have her interacting with us!
- Brayden is her absolute favorite. He does love to be around her, but like any 3 year old, doesn't sit still for too long, so when he sits next to me and holds her, or sits with me when I am holding her, it's just the sweetest thing to watch her smile and laugh and goof off with him. I can't wait to watch their friendship grow as they get older and am already loving how protective Brayden is of her.
- Brayden is doing awesome at learning his alphabet right now. The kid cracks me up! He can point out all the letters from the "K" on, with a little help with "U". But the funnier thing that I was showing Mike last night, is that we have a few alphabet books that I read with him throughout the days and I noticed last night, he was saying funny things for some of the letters, things that didn't go with the book. Like "L" he would talk about licking lollipops, "K" he would talk about kicking, and then at "V" he started talking about getting sick. I just started busting up when I realized what he was doing, he was copying exactly what they do for the letters from his Letter Factory movie! For the letter V, the room is shaking in the movie, and the kid covers his mouth and say I'm going to v (for vomit)....be sick. It was just so cute to see Brayden make that connection and use it to help him figure out the letters!
- He loves playing with my iPhone (he learned it from his cousins, hehe) and amazes me at how good he is at the memory match game. He's also pretty good at the game Life, though I'm not sure how much he understands of it.
- He's back to taking naps, but doesnt seem to want to fall asleep until late (like 3 or 4), so I have been only letting him sleep for an hour or so so he still goes to sleep at night.
- It's Mike and I's FIFTH anniversary this Friday, woo hoo! We are so blessed that a couple of our friends are coming over to watch the kids for us so we can go out to dinner in between Mike's shifts. I'll do another post later, but so so blessed to be married to such a wonderful, caring, giving, and loving guy :) He's the best!
I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection. ~Unknown
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Kincaid-y Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment