Friday, August 8, 2014

Potential

This is again something that speaks to my heart. It's so easy to look at the things we cant change right now and look at those as excuses for not starting one some of the things we want to change! I am so guilty of that; I'm pregnant so I cant get my body back to the way I want it; I'm in a rental house so I can't do the DIY/Home Improvement projects that I want, etc. Those might not be the best examples, but I love the visual I got of this, of the pouring the concrete but having to have something to pour it in too. We all have excuses, and places we wish we were at in our lives or our hearts and aren't quite there yet, we all have situations and circumstances in our lives that we can't change but that doesn't mean we can't live up to our potential in Christ!

Develop Your Potential

by Joyce Meyer - posted August 08, 2014

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.
— Ecclesiastes 9:10
Webster’s 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language defines potential as “existing in possibility, not in act.” Potential cannot manifest without form. Like concrete it must have something to be poured into, something to give it shape and make it useful. To develop potential properly you must have a plan and pray over that plan, you must have a purpose, and you must be doing something.
Many people are unhappy because they aren’t doing anything to develop their potential. In fact, many of them never develop their potential because they don’t do anything except complain that they’re not doing anything!
If you want to see your potential developed to its fullness, don’t wait until everything is perfect. Do something now. Start laying your hand to whatever is in front of you. You cannot start at the finish line. You must start at the beginning like everybody else.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we all full of excuses tho??? Some of them are valid, and pretty big obstacles, but there are indeed many ways to make changes. At least little ones, and the big changes usually follow once we get going.

    ReplyDelete