Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mommy Pampering

Where would we be without our kids?

Yesterday on our trip to the grocery store, I decided to stop by a nearby salon and get my eyebrows waxed, which were desperately overdue. I took Paytin with me while Mike finished checking out at the store with Brayden. Paytin sat on top of my legs while I laid down and the beautician did her thing. If you've never had waxing narrated play by play from a 3 year old, let me tell you, you are missing out. I had such a hard time not laughing the entire time with her comments and questions. What are you doing to Mommy? What is that? Mommy does it hurt? Is she making you pretty? Will that stay there? What are you doing to Mommy? And then she asked about 5 times what the other people who were clearly speaking in another language were saying. Hilarious.

Then I met up with the guys at the car and was doing my best to explain it to Brayden. I said its kind of like getting duct tape stuck to your face to get rid of your extra hairs. It's something girls sometimes do to make themselves feel more pretty. He thought for a second, probably not wanting to get in trouble or hurt my feelings, and said, but Mom, you don't look more pretty with your face all red like that.

One day I'll get my eyebrows waxed all by myself and I'll wish they had gotten to come with me :)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! So funny! Love the honesty kids have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...hilarious! Yes, their honesty and lack of tact is so awesome and fun.
    Yeah, most things are more fun with kids around.

    ReplyDelete