Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kiddos

Just a few minutes to post a few tidbits:
  • seems like its been crazy busy with no time for "regular" blogging lately. I really need to get back to taking more pictures and doing more regular posts so I dont forget the everyday special things I want to record for later!
  • we're in the mix for planning Paytin's FIRST birthday party that will happen in just a couple more weeks. Not sure I am ready to have a full blown toddler and be out of the baby months already! Paytin is having a sweet and simple cupcake themed party this year and I am looking forward to the summer, intimate family party we are having!
  • Paytin seems to be down with a bout of allergies/teething the last few days. She's been inconsolable in the afternoons to the point of literally wanting NOTHING and just crying. This afternoon was better then yesterday. VERY hard to see her like this since Paytin is NOT a fussy baby at all. Now that she is standing up, she will stand in her crib and scream and cry when she is supposed to go down for a nap (not usually, just when she hasn't been feeling good).
  • Now that she can stand up in her crib, I fear her long naps and lengthy morning sleep in's are a thing of the past. She's ready to rock and roll as soon as she wakes up!
  • She took a BIG fall yesterday into the corner of Brayden's bed post. I was hanging on of his shirts up in his closet, and she was on her knees holding the post, and she just let go and whack, hit her forehead right on the post. She's got a good bruise but thankfully the goose egg is gone. I can't tell if it still bothers her or not because she's just been more fussy in general lately.
  • But, Brayden came running when he heard her start crying yesterday morning and smothered her in kisses and hugs. He really really doesn't like to see her get hurt at all and it was the sweetest thing to see him try so hard to get her to cheer up.
  • We went and took Brayden to see the Avenger's movie last week, Brayden LOVED it. It was one of the sweetest moments we've had in his little life when as the credits started rolling, Mike leaned over to him and said, "I think YOU are going to be a super hero one day." Brayden's eyes got big and he got a big smile on his face and said, "You really think so?!" all excitedly to Mike, and Mike said, "Yes, I know it!" It was THE sweetest father/son moment to see Brayden so caught up in Mike's encouragement and praise and to see the effect it had on Mike too. His eyes got all misty and I couldn't help but shed a couple tears because it really was THAT sweet. He talked about it the entire way back to the house and hasn't stopped since :-).
  • I'm about to start working Brayden more on the concept of time, not really reading the clock or anything just yet, but the basic concepts of today, tomorrow, weeks, months. I'll see what he understand, but he gets frustrated when he is trying to say when something happened and can't get it right, and when he's trying to understand when something is going to happen and doesn't have the concept of waiting down just yet.
  • Both kids have been LOVING being able to be outside and enjoying the sunshine. They love to go on walks, bike rides, etc. Brayden is still very much in the stage of wanting to be played with. He doesnt like riding his bike, or playing on his playground in the back without someone, like one of us, playing with him. Both he and Paytin have really been enjoying sprinkler time when we get the small lawn sprinkler out. It's fun to see Brayden more willing to get cold and wet and actually really liking it, and Paytin is a little water bug and LOVES getting sprayed.
  • We're really excited to be going up to Oregon for Auntie Sarah's baby shower this weekend even though we will really miss Daddy. Hopefully the kids will be good and do good in the car for the long drive!
Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment