Brayden and I have this sweet little nighttime routine that I love and cherish just like I remeber the one I had with my Mom when I was little. It has changed through his almost 4 year long life, but been about the same now for 6 months or so and it's so sweet.
We do the usual stuff like get him in his jammies, teeth brushing, maybe read a book, etc. Then he craws into bed with his beloved Blankie and favorite dog Bruttie at the end of his bed, and we sing a song (usually Skid-a-marinky-dink, his favorite), we do nose kisses, eye lash kisses, growly bear hug and then a quick kiss (usually involving him wiping it off and starting a tickle fight where I smother him with kisses). And it ends with prayers and I love yous.
It's nothing big and no different then what I bet lots of mommas and daddys do with their kiddos, but I wanted to blog what it consisted of right now in his little life, because I know before I know it the days of song singing and eyelash kisses will be long gone! Love my little Momma's Boy :-)
With the boys it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song (with back rubs), the ABCs, & the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep prayer. Boy do I wish I could go back. But now that they are 26 years old, I don't think they would consider it hahaha
ReplyDeleteSweet! It's ALL about the routine. :)
ReplyDelete