Wednesday, April 11, 2012

10 months old!

Let's get going on my little P Lily Pumpkin Face:

  • still in size three diapers
  • still wears 6-12 month, 12 month, and some 18 month old clothing.
  • still sleeps on her tummy, and wakes once a night to eat.
  • eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner baby food and eats quite a variety of things.
  • just like her brother, she seems to prefer the consistency of store bought baby food versus mommy made baby food. We do both to save money and still make baby happy.
  • Just in the last week we have introduced Paytin to supplementing formula. It's gone a LOT better then I thought it was going too. I thought she was either going to refuse it, or she was going to take straight to it and not want to nurse anymore. However, she's gone exactly to my hopes and is still nursing 3-4 times a day and taking 2-3 bottles a day. It's been a blessing already to have this transition gone so smoothly. Paytin is happier because she isn't so hungry all the time, Mommy is happier because her body isn't being pushed to the breaking point, and it's easier to be able to leave Paytin with someone else for Mommy time. I wasn't ready to stop breastfeeding all together just yet, so I am thankful for this transition time.
  • takes 2-3 naps a day. She's been taking two naps lately and is kind of on a weird schedule that actually seems to be working well for me. She's been skipping a morning nap, but napping a long time in the afternoon, and then taking a cat nap while I cook dinner. I'm surprised how much I have enjoyed that and hope that she keeps it up!
  • she's crawling, in her own way. If I just let go of the "traditional" sense of crawling, I can say P's been crawling for a couple months now, and is excelling at it in her own way. She does she army/rigid leg scoot thing and has mastered getting around the entire house in it and even into the kitchen. I'm still working with her on trying to get the body parts to all work together but she's happy with what she's doing.
  • her hair is definetely growing in and is getting SO long in the back. It's fun to see it and be able to brush it and play with it (at least a little). 
  • still no teeth and no signs of teeth, following Brayden with that too. 
  • still loves Daddy to pieces and laughs the hardest with him. It's been fun for Daddy being able to giver her a bottle too.
  • plays with Brayden constantly, chases him around, takes his toys, and drools ands begs him for his food when he eats.
  • Oh yeah, she loves finger foods and is getting better about not gagging so much. She's been eating banana pieces, and baby cheese puffs, and the regular puffs, and LOVES her little mesh snacker thing. Brayden never took to his but Paytin chows down on it like her life depends on it!
  • She doesnt sit in anything anymore, so she rarely ever uses the exersaucer, hates the johnny jumper, etc. It's her highchair and the floor for our wiggle worm.
  • she loves to shake her hands and wave at you all the time and loves to try to "dance" when music is on too. She just gets to wiggling and shaking and waving her arms like a mad woman :).

I think those are the big things. I'm sure there's a million more but the laptop is about to die and I have other things to get too. I did get her pictures taken today and will be putting them up hopefully tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment