Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Home Stretch

We're in the home stretch of our 2013 Summer and it's been such a whirlwind! This summer we have celebrated both of our babies' birthdays, gone to the waterslides, the movies, boating, lake day trips, had sleepovers, been camping, done concerts, MOVED, gone to Chuck E Cheese, went to Summer Camp, had a garage sale, gone fishing, gone kayaking, etc. The list really is long of what we were able to do this summer and I'm so thankful as this is our last summer before Bray starts school! That's another post of nostalgia, but we have roughly 2 1/2 to 3 weeks left of our summer and I can say I have both thoroughly enjoyed it and wondered where it went at the same time. We made lots and lots of memories, learned a ton, and grew even more over this summer. But this picture captures a lot of how this summer felt for us, adventurous, carefree, joyous, ready to leap out in faith! These kids have been troopers on this crazy ride we call the Kincaid life; I'd like to say it will make them more flexible, roll with the punches adults who are able to face changes and busy seasons without problems. They live every day with such happiness and excitedness that it's totally contagious. As our time with Bray "all to ourselves" is wrapping up, I again have full peace in the decision to keep him home with us and forego preschool. The bond that these two have formed, the time they have been able to spend together has been priceless in my heart. Paytin adores Brayden and wants to do anything he does, wants to play with him, with his friends, with his toys, and just overalls loves him to peices. I know she will miss him a ton when he is in school even a few hours a day and I'm grateful for the moments and the days they spent carefree time together over this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment