Here's some facts about my gal:
- wears size 2 diapers, and size 6 month clothes, still fits into some of her 3-6 month clothes.
- loves to be NAKED! She would prefer me to not put her in the long sleeve shirts, onesies and pants that she wears everyday and is happiest in just her diaper.
- sleeps most nights in her crib but usually ends up in our bed at the wee hours of the morning.
- is the worst baby sleeper ever. true story. Paytin thankfully doesnt want to wake up and play in the middle of the night, but she does wake up OFTEN. And she doesnt seem to love her naps either. I'm trying to eat/play/sleep train her right now and she seems so be taking well to it, but at the same time, she doesnt nap but 30-45 minutes but takes anywhere from 4-5 naps a day! I am pretty sure she is dealing with an ear infection of earache of some sort right now and for sure is still teething, so I am sure none of this makes sleep easy on her either.
- Paytin still does not love her swing. She can hang in it for a little while but much prefers her playmat, crib, swing exersaucer or just the plain ol' carpet (her personal favorite).
- She still has her torticollis and will have that checked out probably some time in the next couple weeks, but for sure at her 6 month check up. Despite it, she's doing a great job strengthening her neck muscles during tummy time, which she really enjoys.
- Paytin despises her Bumbo chair. I was so excited to get a pink one for her, because Brayden enjoyed his and didn't get to use it enough, and Paytin bucks and kicks and all but throws herself out of it almost everytime we put her in it. She again, like the swing, can handle it in small spurts.
- Paytin also, despises, her carseat. This is one of Daddy and I's biggest "conundrums" with our little Princess. Living where we live, everything is a good distance away and we are in the car for long periods on time. Brayden has always been very very good about car trips minus a couple car sicknesses around 2 years old. Paytin hates it. From the minute you strap her in it, she's screaming at you.
- Have you seen the pattern yet? Yup, we've figured her out. Paytin does not like to sit, and doesn't like to be forced to sit. Anything that makes her sit makes Paytin mad, haha. She's not high maintenance at all, right? I am bummed by this a little bit, because I will be excited when she can sit and play with her toys and such, but I also am not rushing her because she will be so big before I know it!
- Paytin has rolled over maybe 3 or 4 times total, but is taking her time on that aspect too. She gets to her side, or like 90% of the way there almost everyday but hasn't mastered the skill yet. What makes me laugh is she is trying to roll over from her tummy and her back at the same time! If she focused on one I bet she'd have it by now.
- Paytin is a PEOPLE person. She loves people. Specifically Daddy, Brayden, and I, but she does tend to love all people. She wants to be talked too, cuddled with, played with, and tickled. She has learned to love my need to costantly munch on, kiss, and squeeze all her chubbiness and goes crazy when I do it.
- Paytin is still swaddled at night and at naptime and isn't quite ready to not be swaddled anymore. She also has to have her pacifier to go to sleep now and only uses the Gumdrop style pacifiers.
- She loves to kick, and actually kicks her socks off in her swaddle and will scratch her other leg with her toenails! I have to keep them pretty short or else she actually gets scratch marks and everything!
- She still loves to watch Brayden and will stay happily entertained on the floor just watching him play. He is starting to see her get big and play more and has to be reminded to play gently with her, but never tries to hurt her or gets mad at her or anything which we are super thankful for. He loves to brag that he has a sister, and can constantly be heard telling people she is his best friend.
- Paytin loves to hold things, specifically soft things, and rub them on her face and eat them (same as at 4 months). She loves having a blankey near her and on her whenever possible!
- She still nurses and has had small samples of rice cereal and baby food but would rather just eat from Mommy! It's still such a blessing to me to be able to nurse her and I'm grateful to still be doing it!
- Paytin's on this nice streak of only pooping once every other day or so, another thing to be thankful for! It doesnt seem to be upsetting her tummy at all, so I'm all for less messy diapers!
- She still only has peach fuzz and I love it. I had someone tell me to cherish having a "short haired" baby girl because her hair will probably never be this short again in her life; cute way to think about it!
- We are constantly getting sweet comments on two things about Paytin, her big blue eyes and her chubby wubby cheeks. I love both compliments :)
Ok, my little girl woke up from her nap so off I go! pictures to come soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment